10 less known facts about Amitabh Bachchan you must know today - Viral Crab

Latest News

10 less known facts about Amitabh Bachchan you must know today

10 less known facts about Amitabh Bachchan you must know today


Amitabh Bachchan turns 74 on October 11, 2016, still the veteran seems to be unstoppable, he is full of energy. At this age, he seems to give teenagers a tough competition.
On the occasion of his birthday ViralCrab team compiled a list of 10 less known facts about Amitabh Bachchan, that you wish you knew.

Here are 10 unknown facts about Amitabh Bachchan that will make you love even more.


Fact-1
Amitabh played role of a Muslim poet Anwar Ali in his debut film is Saat Hindustani a 1969 film released on 27 March 1970, written and directed by Khwaja Ahmad Abbas. The film portrays the heroic story of seven Indians who attempt to liberate Goa from the Portuguese colonial rule.


Fact-2
Amitabh worked in Calcutta now Kolkata for the shipping firm Shaw & Wallace as an executive and as a freight broker for Bird and Co. and his first paycheck was mere Rs 500.


Fact-3
Amitabh applied for the job of a radio presenter ironically, was rejected by All India Radio due to his deep voice.  


Fact-4
As a child Amitabh wanted to become an engineer and was keen to join the Indian Air Force to serve the country. 


Fact-5
Amitabh's stardom started off with Prakash Mehra’s Zanjeer released on 11 May 1973, the lead for the movie was first offered to many leading men of the time, including Raaj Kumar, Rajesh Khanna, Dharmendra and Dev Anand, which all of them turned down. 


Fact-6
The superstar gave 12 consecutive flop movies before his first 
big hit Zanjeer.


Facts-7
Amitabh's actual surname was Shrivastava, his father Harivansh Rai Bachchan had adopted the pen name Bachchan.


Fact-8
Amitabh Bachchan made a startling revelation in 2015 about surviving only on 25 per cent of his liver and having lost the rest 75 percent to the deadly Hepatitis B virus.


Fact-9
Before marrying former miss world Aishwarya Rai, Amitabh and Jaya were interested in getting Abhishek married to Karishma Kapoor, the daughter of Babita and Randhir Kapoor, they went through a formal engagement, but later broke it off.


Fact-10
 Amitabh took a break from acting in 1984 to enter politics in support of long-time family friend Rajiv Gandhi. In the late 1980s, when the Bofors scandal was exposed and alleged many including Rajiv and Bachchan for receiving kickbacks & indulging in serious corruption. This was the turning point when Bachchan started distancing himself from politics.

We wish Amitabh a very happy birthday and hope he keeps inspiring and entertaining us for years to come. 
Watch Video

No comments:

Post a Comment

Viral Crab Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2016

Powered by Blogger.
Published By Viral Crab //Gooyaabi Templates
z35W7z4v9z8w